One of our staff and doctors are always available to address any dental emergency. Please call:
Sylvania - 800.555.8909
Swanton - 800.253.3559
If a tooth has been knocked-out
If you have had a tooth knocked out the most important thing to do is keep the tooth from drying out. Please take the following steps:
- Hold the tooth by the crown and rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Replace the tooth in the socket. (The sooner this is done, the better chance the tissues will attach themselves back to the tooth.)
- Once the tooth is positioned in the socket, bite down normally to ensure it is in the proper place.
- If the tooth cannot be place back into the socket, you can place it in milk or water to transport it.
If you have broken a tooth, please take the following steps:
- Clean out the mouth by gently rinsing with warm water.
- Apply a cold compress to reduce swelling
- Make sure you bring the broken part of your tooth with you!
Loose crowns can be fixed temporarily with Fixadent or any other denture adhesive. It is important to have us properly re-cement the crown as soon as you can.
If a filling comes out, you can replace it with a temporary filling kit available from any drugstore. As soon as you can, give us a call.